The university's health and safety plan contains five components to safely reopen and operate the campus, with early detection of infectious cases as the key to limit outbreaks.
1. Contact tracing. Any positive diagnostic test result will be communicated immediately to the state health authorities, who will then activate a contact tracing team to identify potential secondary cases to limit the spread of infection. UMD will supplement, as needed, the state-administered tracing.
2. Environmental monitoring. UMD faculty experts are developing opportunities for early detection of impending illnesses by monitoring wastewater, air and high-touch surfaces in campus buildings.
3. Behavioral changes.2020欧洲杯首页 A campus-wide health information campaign will promotes critical healthy behaviors:
4. Cleaning protocols. All buildings approved for occupancy will be cleaned on a regular basis, including enhanced cleaning of high-traffic areas.
5. Employee flexibility2020欧洲杯首页. In general, the university encourages flexibility for employees, including graduate assistants. Departments should consider use of alternative work schedules, such as some on-campus work days and some telework days, use of leave and flexibility with starting and finishing times. University Human Resources has created handbooks for employees and supervisors:
2020欧洲杯首页We value input from our campus community. Please fill out our feedback form to share suggestions or report concerns about health and safety on campus.
2020欧洲杯首页The University of Maryland is one of the world’s premier research institutions. With our strategic location and scores of partnerships with government and businesses, UMD conducts groundbreaking research on some of the biggest challenges facing our global community, including cybersecurity and terrorism, bioengineering, public health equity, food safety and climate change. We strive to discover new knowledge and put it to work through innovation and entrepreneurship, advancing economic development and transforming lives.
The newly launched Innovation Gateway2020欧洲杯首页 will guide you to the resources, programs, partners, and spaces you need to activate and scale your fearless ideas into innovations that launch new ventures, catalyze growth, and advance economic development.
The Terp experience extends beyond classrooms, labs and studios. It encompasses residence halls and dining halls, clubs and sports, fraternities and sororities, campus events and performances, and countless off-campus destinations. Maryland touts 800-plus student organizations, dozens of prestigious living and learning communities, and countless other ways to get involved. Students here can create a unique identity and grow as individuals, even as they’re part of a close-knit and diverse community.